PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR (AI) COURSE
The PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) course is a 3 weekend class designed to prepare PADI Dive Masters or equivalent to become PADI Assistant Instructors. The PADI Assistant Instructor program provides PADI Dive Masters, and those certified to leadership levels with other diver training organizations, with additional training as instructional assistants and dive educators. If you meet the criteria then this program will build upon your abilities to organize and supervise dive activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. Through independent study, classroom sessions and practical application, candidates learn to construct effective teaching presentations and conduct PADI programs.
The PADI Assistant Instructor program consists of:
· Formal training in conducting PADI programs and experience programs.
· Independent study assignments.
· Practical application sessions and written examination.
A PADI Assistant Instructor is qualified to:
· Present the academic elaboration for any PADI Diver course under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
· Conduct the skin diving skills segment of the PADI Open Water Diver course, Confined Water Dive Four under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
· Conduct open water surface skill evaluations during Open Water Diver training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
· Teach and certify PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
· Independently teach the Project AWARE (non-diving) Specialty course.
· Independently teach the Project AWARE Coral Reef Conservation (non-diving) Specialty course.
· Independently conduct the Discover Scuba experience.
· Independently conduct PADI Seal Team Aqua Missions.
· Teach and certify students in non-diving PADI Specialties after successful completion of a PADI Specialty Instructor Training course.
Upon successfully completing the PADI Assistant Instructor program, you receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating. You’ll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance (which may be required to conduct some activities).
· Proof of Open Water, Advanced, Rescue and Dive Master certifications or equivalents
· Certified Open Water Diver for at least 6 months
· First Aid & CPR training within the last 24 months (PADI Medic First Aid certification recommended)
· Diving Medical Statement dated and signed by a physician within the last 12 months
· Proof of at least 60 logged open water scuba dives
· Proof of experience in deep, night & navigation diving
· Completion of all 16 IDC Knowledge Reviews prior to the start of the course
· IDC Candidate Workbook
· PADI Instructor Manual
· The best of the Undersea Journal
· Current OW Diver Manual
· OW Diver Confined Water Cue Cards
· OW Diver Open Water Cue Cards
· All texts required for Dive Master
· The Law and the Diving Profession
· Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Instructor Outline
· Coral Reef AWARE Specialty Instructor Outline
· Confined Water Presentation Slate
· Open Water Presentation Slate
· Open Water Diver Exams and Quizzes
Minimum age: 18 years
Certification: PADI Assistant Instructor Application Fee, payable to PADI - $70.00
Course Fee: $499 Plus books
Please call for course schedule.
NOTE: A candidate who does not hold the PADI Dive Master certification is required to pass the diver rescue skills assessment.