Padi Ice Diver Specialty Course
January 26 & 27, 2019
Why PADI Ice Diver?
Join us for the most exhilarating diving of all, Ice Diving. The visibility is usually very good under the ice however the water is a bit cold. Dry suits are mandatory and if you don't have a dry suit we will have a limited number of suits to rent. If you are not dry suit certified and are using a rental suit you will have to attend a pool dive Friday night before the class to get acclimated to the suit. The dry suit rental is $50.00 and the $50.00 can be applied to the purchase of the suit.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 18 years old
What will I do?
You'll learn ice dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques and potential problems. You'll also learn how to control your buoyancy, navigate and communicate under the ice.
How long will it take?
- Minimum Open Water Training: three dives over two days
- 4 Hours Classroom training
- Sea Level Diving
- Three Oaks Recreation Area
Fees and Materials
Book: no book required
Call 815-479-0996 to schedule your course