PADI ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR (AI) COURSE
The PADI Assistant Instructor (AI) course is designed to prepare PADI Dive Masters or equivalent to become PADI Assistant Instructors. The PADI Assistant Instructor program provides PADI Dive Masters, and those certified to leadership levels with other diver training organizations, with additional training as instructional assistants and dive educators. If you meet the criteria then this program will build upon your abilities to organize and supervise dive activities, while concentrating on developing teaching skills. Through independent study, classroom sessions and practical application, candidates learn to construct effective teaching presentations and conduct PADI programs.
The PADI Assistant Instructor program consists of:
- Online Training covering the following 9 topics. Learning, Instruction and the PADI System, General Standards and Procedures, Risk Management, Marketing Diving, Start Diving, Teaching PADI Specialty Diver Courses, Business of Diving, Keep Diving, How to Teach the RDP.
- 2 days of in House Classroom covering the following 10 topics and practical application sessions and written examination. Course Orientation, Developing Knowledge Development Presentations, Teaching in Confined Water, Conducting Open Water Dives, General Standards and Procedures, Open Water Diver Course, Adventures in Diving Program, Rescue Diver Course, Dive Master Course, Risk Management.
A PADI Assistant Instructor is qualified to:
- Present the knowledge development elaboration for any PADI Diver course under the instructor’s indirect supervision. The instructor personally assesses student knowledge development.
- Present initial skills training under the instructor’s direct supervision during confined water dives.
- Conduct open water surface skill evaluations during Open Water Diver course dives under the instructor’s indirect supervision.
- Teach and certify Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty Divers under the direction of an instructor.
- Independently teach the Project AWARE (non-diving) Specialty course.
- Independently teach the Coral Reef Conservation (non-diving) Specialty course.
- Independently conduct Discover Scuba Diving in a pool or confined water.
- Independently conduct Bubblemaker programs.
- Independently conduct PADI Seal Team Aqua Missions.
- Teach and certify divers in specialty courses that don’t include dives after completing Specialty Instructor Training courses and earning Specialty Instructor ratings for such specialties.
- After completing the corresponding instructor training and earning Specialty Instructor ratings, conduct Digital Underwater Photographer specialty courses under the direction of a PADI Instructor.
Upon successfully completing the PADI Assistant Instructor program, you receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating. You’ll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance (which may be required to conduct some activities).
- Dive Leader Certification- PADI Dive Master or leadership level certification with a recognized recreational diver training organization who is either:
- An instructor member in good standing, or
- A diver with proof of certification in diver supervision and management including proof of rescue diving certification; 60 logged dives; documented experience in night diving; deep diving and underwater navigation.
- 18 years old
- Certified Open Water Diver for at least 6 months
- First Aid & CPR training within the last 24 months (PADI Medic First Aid certification recommended)
- Diving Medical Statement dated and signed by a physician within the last 12 months
- If not a PADI Dive Master , complete the PADI Dive Master course diver rescue skills assessment
- Submit documentation of qualifying certifications for entry level, advanced, rescue and leadership level, as necessary
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PADI's Guide to Teaching
- Current Open Water, Adventures in Diving, Rescue Diver, Dive Master Manuals and quiz books for each
- PADI Specialty Outlines for Peak Performance Buoyancy, Project AWARE and AWARE-Coral Reef Conservation
- Slates and Cue Cards for: Skills Practice and Dive Planning , Confined Open Water Preparation, Open Water Diver, Adventures in Diving, Rescue Diver, Dive Master and Discover Scuba.
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
Certification: PADI Assistant Instructor Application Fee, payable to PADI - $97.00
PADI Online Fee: $404.00
Course Fee: $299.00 Plus books
Please call for course schedule.